Industry Interaction Initiatives
Faculty undergoing training on Digital Professional Development (DPD)
The Department of MBA, the flagship programme of SJB Institute of Technology was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 students and subsequently increased to 120 students. The MBA programme is a 2 years full time PG programme offered by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. The program is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and recognized by Government of Karnataka. In the last 10 years of its existence, the department has added a lot laurels to its cap. The department is blessed with a state of art infrastructure, ICT facilities, Digital class rooms, well staked library and competent faculty members.
The core strength of department lies in bridging the gap between Industry and academia by having linkages with industries through Industry-Institute Interactions by signing MoU’s with prospective industries.
Information on Digital Professional Development (DPD)
To encourage the digital literacy DPD training for the faculty members was implemented from the year 2016 at SJB Institute of Technology in three different batches. Faculties trained for 24 session (144 Hours). Main focus on Curriculum planning and pedagogy changes such as
- Digital journal for lesson plan
- Integrating curriculum framework with technology
- Digital approach for specified syllabus and beyond
- Course outcomes and learning outcomes
- Innovative teaching practices
- Feedback revision and redesign of curriculum
Faculties are trained on the following aspects of ITC (iPad and iMac)
- Edmodo: Blended /hybrid class room which is addressing 21st century skills collaboration, communication, critical thinking, creativity.
- iTunes U: Course information management system where students can get the lesson plan through the posts, overview of the course. Instructor profile, course outline and outcomes, reference books, text books and also materials.
- Instructional strategy: It is designed keeping diversity of learners in mind. To offer student-centered education appropriate methodologies are designed to facilitates effective learning, strategies such as class discussions, brainstorming, role plays, presentation, debate, audio and visual activities, case studies, games etc.
- iBooks: Innovative digitization of content through interactive multimedia textbooks. We create a book in digital form through iBooks and share with the students.
- Apps: Faculties were trained to use different apps for their subjects to make students for better understanding. Apps such as keynote, pages, iMovie, Teacherkit, Book creator, numbers, Explainevery thing whiteboard, notes and also apps related to the subjects, etc.
- SAMR model: It categorizes four different degrees of class room technology integration. SAMR stands for Substitution, Augmentation, Modification and Redefinition. It helps the teachers attempt to help students visualize complex concepts.