Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has established an ‘Innovation cell’ with a purpose of systematically fostering the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) will focus on creating complete ecosystem which will foster the culture of Innovation across all educational institutions from ideas generation to pre-incubation, incubation and graduating from the incubator as successful start-ups. MIC will also work on designing ranking system to identify institutions in the forefront of innovation.
Ministry of Education has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell’ with the mandate to work closely with our Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to encourage the creative energy of our student population to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs. A network of IICs is established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campuses. A network of more than 950 IICs was established on 21st November 2018.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability for technology students.
Function of IIC in SJB Institution of Technology
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
|1||20-8-2020||Sadbhavan divas oath|
|3||15-9-2020||Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development Phases|
|4||20-10-2020||IKS Orientation Session|
|5||15-10-2020||KAPILA: Kalam Program for IP Literacy and Awareness|
|6||18-12-2020||Panel Discussion on Atmanirbhar Bharat- Vocal for Local, Make in India for the world.|
|7||29-01-2021||Orientation Session on National Education Policy (with a focus on Innovation and entrepreneurship|
|8||09-01-2021||Orientation session for all students & faculties of Institute by Innovation Ambassador|
IIC Committee members
|1||Dr. T. Madhusudhan||President||Mechanical Engg.|
|2||Dr. Krishna A N||Vice President||CSE|
|3||Mr. Naveena Kumar R R||Convener||Mechanical Engg.|
|4||Mr. Anil Kumar G||IPR Activity Coordinator||Mechanical Engg.|
|5||Dr. Somashekar K||ARIIA Coordinator||ECE|
|6||Dr. Chandrappa D N||Internship Activity Coordinator||ECE|
|7||Mr. Chetan R||Innovation Activity Coordinator||ISE|
|8||Mr. Gowtham K||NIRF Coordinator||Mechanical Engg.|
|9||Mrs. Chaithra H K||Social Media Coordinator||CSE|
|10||Mr. Puneeth H C||Startup Activity Coordinator||Civil Engg.|
|11||Mrs. Chaithra B K||Member||Mechanical Engg.|
|12||Dr. Mamatha Mahesh Gowda||Member||EEE|
|13||Dr. Varun V L||Member||Mathematics|
|14||Mr. Rahul R Rai||Member||ECE|
|15||Mr. Bharath T S||Member||MBA|
|16||Mr. Sachin B V||Member||Civil Engg.|
|17||Mrs. Roopa D R||Member||Physics|
|18||Mr. Paramesh M S||Member||Chemistry|
|19||Mr. Kiran Kumar V||Member||ISE|