The North Eastern Region is a physical and cultural region of the Republic of India located in the country’s east. After the Reorganization of States, most states were formed from Assam, whereas Arunachal Pradesh was known as the North East Frontier Agency (NEFA).
The North Eastern Council (NEC) is in charge of the North Eastern region’s social and economic development, which includes eight states: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, and Manipur. The North Eastern Council was established in 1971 by an act of the Indian Parliament, ushering in a new age of planning and development in the region and timely implementation.
As per the Govt. letter & VTU guidelines in the year 2012, NERS committee was formed at the institution level and NERS committee will take care of North Eastern Region Students in our Institution.
The following are the chief objectives of the North Eastern Region Students Committee:
- To ensure balanced, integrated, and sustainable development of the North Eastern Region Students at our Institution.
- To co-ordinate with all department students to meet the infrastructure requirements of the North Eastern Region Students.
- To provide enough support for social and economic development opportunities to the North Eastern Region Students.
- To assist in developing the North Eastern Region Students.
- To conduct meetings with the North Eastern Region Students so that they can share information if they are facing any difficulties.
Structure of the Committee:
|1||Chairperson||Senior Faculty of Professor level or above|
|2||Convener||Senior Faculty of Associate Professor level or above|
|3||Members||Faculty from Various Departments|
|||Frequency of the meeting||Once in a year & whenever required|
North Eastern Region students Committee for the Academic Year 2022-23
|Role||Name & Designation||Phone Number|
|Chairperson||Dr. Babu N V||9448758276|
|Convener||Dr. Sanjay Kumar S M||8310913752|
|Member||Dr. Shantha kumar H C||9448571119|
|Member||Dr. Naveen Kumar D T||9632553840|
|Member||Dr. Girisha. A||9739760113|
|Member||Mrs. Latha S||8549926626|
|Member||Mr. Naveen N||9742121981|
|Member||Mr. Vijay Kumar K||9036435059|
|Member||Mr. Sharath Ranjan P||7259633817|