Program Name: Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
Degree : Under Graduate
Affiliation: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Duration: 4 years
Intake: 60 Seats
Department of Mechanical Engineering
About Program: Mechanical engineers make a difference. That’s because mechanical engineering careers center on creating technologies to meet human needs. Virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer to help humankind. This includes solving today’s problems and creating future solutions in health care, energy, transportation, world hunger, space exploration, climate change, and more.
- Students who have passed PUC/10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects Chemistry /Computer Science / Electronics/ Biotechnology / Biology, with at least 45% of marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to Reserved Category as per Government order) in the above subjects taken together.
- Lateral Entry to Second Year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E): Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution, with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
- For admission under management quota, students should have compulsorily appeared in CET/COMEDK/JEE or any other entrance test for professional program.
Admission through: Karnataka CET, COMED-K, Management Quota
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
PEO-1: Progress their career as a professional in mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary fields.
PEO-2: Become successful entrepreneur with social responsibilities and ethical values.
PEO-3: Pursue higher education and involve in research of allied areas in mechanical engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
PSO1: Apply the Knowledge & Skill of Mechanical Engineering on Design, Manufacturing and Thermal platforms to address the real life problem of the society.
PSO2: Design and implement new ideas with the help of CAD/CAM and Industrial Automation tools.
- Apply the Knowledge & Skill of Mechanical Engineering on Design, Manufacturing and Thermal platforms to address the real life problem of the society.
- Design and implement new ideas with the help of CAD/CAM and Industrial Automation tools.