Program Name: Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
Degree : Under Graduate
Affiliation: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Duration: 4 years
Intake: 60 Seats
Mechanical engineers apply scientific principles and engineering concepts to create innovative solutions for a wide range of industries. They work on the conceptualization, design and development of machines, tools, and mechanical systems that are used in various applications in our daily life activities like transportation, energy generation, manufacturing, robotics, and many other sectors.
The scope of mechanical engineering is vast, covering areas such as automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems, renewable energy, biomechanics, and more. Mechanical engineers may be involved in tasks such as designing and prototype development of new products, analyzing & maintaining the performance of existing systems, conducting simulations and experiments, and optimizing the efficiency and reliability of mechanical components and processes.
- Students who have passed PUC/10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects Chemistry /Computer Science / Electronics/ Biotechnology / Biology, with at least 45% of marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to Reserved Category as per Government order) in the above subjects taken together.
- Lateral Entry to Second Year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E): Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution, with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
- For admission under management quota, students should have compulsorily appeared in CET/COMEDK/JEE or any other entrance test for professional program.
Admission through: Karnataka CET, COMED-K, Management Quota
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
PEO-1: Progress their career as a professional in mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary fields.
PEO-2: Become a successful entrepreneur with social responsibilities and ethical values.
PEO-3: Pursue higher education and involve in research of allied areas in mechanical engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
PSO1: Apply the Knowledge & Skill of Mechanical Engineering on Design, Manufacturing and Thermal platforms to address the real life problem of the society.
PSO2: Design and implement new ideas with the help of CAD/CAM and Industrial Automation tools.
- Apply the Knowledge & Skill of Mechanical Engineering on Design, Manufacturing and Thermal platforms to address the real life problem of the society.
- Design and implement new ideas with the help of CAD/CAM and Industrial Automation tools.