The Institution has been focusing on innovative and creative ways of disseminating, sharing, and facilitating knowledge development in students, adopting student-centric methods which are central to Outcome-Based Education (OBE).
Course Delivery Methods:
- Conventional Chalk and talk method.
- Power Point / Keynote presentation through i-PAD
- E-learning/e-Shikshana by VTU
- ICT (Information Communications Technology) tools initiatives
- Mini / Major projects
- Technical Reports/Case studies,
- Simulations and experimental exercises
- Lab experimental work
- Video content
- Model based learning
- Activity based learning
- E-learning tools like NPTEL videos, SWAYAM, Coursera, IIT Bombay – Spoken Tutorial Project, etc. to let students learn independently and enhance classroom learning. Encouraged to enroll and get certification for add-on online courses for self-paced learning.
- Student-centric learning is provided in the practical sessions to apply concepts learned in the classroom.
- Internships/ Vocational training.
- Mini Projects, Final Year group Projects,
- Technical Fest and Workshops
- Short Visit to nearby industries/labs
- Workshops on recent trend topics and advanced technologies with hands on experience.
Participative /collaborative learning:
- Exhibiting at intra-college, state, and national project competitions and technical festivals.
- R&D projects. Peer learning.
- Students presentation in class.
- Technical Seminars.
- Attending workshops, conferences, hackathons, webinars, Invited talks by experts and alumni from the industry and academia.
- Problem-based learning promotes students’ critical thinking to find solutions in real-life situations.
- Activities of Clubs and Societies, Professional Chapters and Department Associations bring additional values in understanding emerging trends in STEM areas in collaboration with relevant agencies.
- AICTE Activity point program as integrated in the curriculum.
- Teaching pedagogy is integrated with presentation from students to enrich students’ in presenting the concepts to get confidence and attain problem-solving skills.
- Assignments in higher level of thinking are given to the students to break down ideas into simpler parts and find evidence to support self-learning abilities.
- Quizzes are conducted to the students to instil the analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Through a structured mechanism the students are motivated to find out the solutions for real time problems via case studies, hackathons, and field/industrial projects.
- Field visits, In-plant trainings have been organized to make the students acquaint with industry standards and work ethics. Tutorial classes are conducted with collaborative learning for the students to improve their problem-solving ability.
ICT Tools in the teaching learning process:
- All the classrooms & laboratories are ICT enabled fitted with apple TV & wi-fi, LCD projector and accessories. Separate Seminar hall for every department with multimedia facilities.
- Microsoft Teams platform is used for teaching-learning process. The blended mode and online mode are used.
- Every faculty are given with i-pads for content delivery and assessment in the classrooms.
- SJBIT portal integrated with Learning Management System (LMS) provides a single platform for all the stake holders to access the information. The notes, QB & solutions, videos, and other material are shared through LMS. The attendance, assessments and other details are also shared to the students and the parents via LMS.
- MOOC courses are part of the learning along with the regular curriculum.