Program Name: Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
Degree : Under Graduate
Affiliation: Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU)
Duration: 4 years
About Program: Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
- Students who have passed PUC/10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects Chemistry /Computer Science / Electronics/ Biotechnology / Biology, with at least 45% of marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to Reserved Category as per Government order) in the above subjects taken together.
- Lateral Entry to Second Year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E): Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution, with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
- For admission under management quota, students should have compulsorily appeared in CET/COMEDK/JEE or any other entrance test for professional program.
Admission through: Karnataka CET, COMED-K, Management Quota
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- Become successful professionals and entrepreneurs in various fields of Civil Engineering and allied branches.
- Pursue higher studies and research activities in Science, Engineering and Technology.
- Acquire proficiency in soft skills, industrial training and multidisciplinary projects in contributing to the societal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Analyze, design and recommend solutions in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering.
- PSO2: Develop analytical and experimental skills in the field of Transportation, Water Resources, Environmental Engineering, Construction Technology and Project Management.