The mathematics department is committed to continuously improving the quality of education by enhancing the knowledge of students and staff members. The growth of the department is both horizontally and vertically significant to scale the vision and to foster a center of excellence. The department of Mathematics has highly qualified staff. The department presents a unique opportunity to study the exciting field with guidance of quality teachers.
The department of Mathematics has been established in 2001. The department conducts faculty development programs for the benefit of teaching fraternities and M.Tech students in and around Bangalore. The department is recognized as a research center under VTU (2008) wherein 05 faculty members are working for their PhD and 02 students have been awarded Ph.D one from Anna University and other from VTU. There is a total of 12 faculty members in the Department, with 01 Professors & Head, Dr. Padmaja Venugopal, 02 Associate Professor, 09 Assistant Professor, 01 non-technical staff and 01 attender. 07 faculties are awarded with doctorates.
- Faculty development program, Workshop and Guest lecturers are conducted to faculties and students.
- “SCIENCE EXHIBITION”, an intra-Collegiate Fest is held every year during month of March/April wherein our students exhibit working models.
- Mathematics Research center was started in the year 2008. Total 05 Research Scholars are pursuing their Ph.D, 02 Research scholars has been awarded Ph.D.
- Periodically Induction Programme is conducted for first year students as per AICTE.
- Various Sports events for students will be conducted every academic year.
- Under Students Club one or the other events are conducted and it is an open platform for all the students to participate.
- Staff club is one such body which is exclusively for the staffs, under which various events are conducted to extract their hidden talents.
- The department of Mathematics organizes orientation programme for both Faculty and students every semester to facilitate the academic, cultural and social adjustment of the new ones to the department.
- The department organizes one day trip to faculty members during end of semester to various places in and around the city for refreshment of the faculty.
- To expose students various disciplines, Reflex personalities from premier institutes are invited and our students are addressed.
- The department takes the students for Community Service, to build the awareness regarding the social responsibility.
Head of department contact details:
Dr. Padmaja Venugopal
Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics