SJB Institute of Technology started Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) activities from academic year 2018-19. The program was formally launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The conceptualization of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan started with the initiative from a group of dedicated faculty members of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi. UBA is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
SJB Institute of Technology in line with the vision has organized various activities by adopting 5 villages; Chikkasulikere, Gungarahalli, Thimmasandra, Doddasulikere, Lakshmipura.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
The chairperson and members
|1||Dr. Ajai Chandran C. K.||Head of the Institution|
|2||Dr. T. Madhusudhan||Co-coordinator|
|3||Mrs. Chaithra B. K.||Member|
|4||Mr. Naveena Kumar R. R.||Member|
|5||Mr. Puneeth H. C.||Member|
|6||Dr. K Somashekar||Member|
|7||Dr. Ajay Prakash B.V||Member|
|8||Dr. Murali G.||Member|
|9||Dr. J P Sridhar||Member|