As per the AICTE regulations and VTU directives Students Grievance Redressal cell is constituted by SJB Institute of Technology for the redressal of the problems reported by the students with the following objectives. The student grievance redressal committee is constituted at every beginning of the academic year.
- Upholding the dignity of the Institution by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the Institute through promoting cordial student-student relationship and student teacher relationship etc.
- To support those students who have been deprived of the services for which he/she is entitled.
- To make teaching and supporting staff responsive, accountable, courteous in dealing with the students
- To ensure effective solution to the student grievances with an impartial and fair approach
- Encouraging the students to express their grievance/problems freely and frankly without any fear of being victimized
- Advising the students to respect the right of dignity of one another and show restraint and patience whenever any occasion arises.
- To ensure effective solution to the students’ grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
Students can approach the cell to voice their grievance regarding academic and non-academic matters. The cell redresses the grievance at individual and class level and grievances of common interest. Students can use the suggestion box placed on the campus to express constructive suggestions and grievances. Suggestion boxes are provided in every academic block including hostels and library. Also, an online grievance redressal mechanism has been implemented which is available in SJBIT portal. Students can login to our college website and can submit their grievance. Regular coordinator meetings will be convened to discuss the issues if any. The complaints received are scrutinized by the committee/IQAC members/Principal.
Plan of Action
- Formation of Grievance/welfare committee
- Preparation of standard formats with approval of IQAC
- Identification of student welfare officer.
- Provision to drop the written request/complaints.
- Students to meet the student welfare officer at Grievance redressal cell.
- Displaying/uploading of Govt. circulars / notices / information with regard to the various benefits.
- Scholarships for needy students.
– Online feedback mechanism.
– Suggestion box
– Direct submission to the student welfare officer
- The cell enquires/reviews and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievance in a strict confidential manner.
- Then the cell will act upon those cases and try to resolve them, within a stipulated time.
- If not possible to solve by the cell, the same may be refer to IQAC.
Structure of the Committee
|Senior Faculty of Professor level or above
|Senior Faculty of Associate Professor level or above
|Faculty from Various Departments
|Frequency of the meeting
|Once in a year & whenever required
Student Grievance Cell for the Academic Year 2022-23
|Name & Designation
|Dr. Babu N V
|Dr. Sanjay Kumar S M
|Dr. Shantha Kumar H C
|Dr. Naveen Kumar D T
|Dr. Girisha. A
|Mrs. Latha S
|Mr. Siddanna S R
|Mr. Vijay Kumar K
|Mr. Sharath Ranjan P