The National Service Scheme (NSS) unit of SJBIT was started in the year 2010 with the blessings of His Holiness Paramapoojya Jagadguru Padmabhushana Sri Sri Sri Dr. Balagangadhranatha Mahaswamiji, Revered Sri Sri Dr. Prakashnath Swamiji our Managing Director and with the able guidance of our beloved past Principal, Dr. Puttaraju.
NSS is a value based youth movement which links campus with community and provides an opportunity to the students for their overall personality development through community service. In today’s scenario NSS is one of the major youth movements to retain our social values and cultural heritage.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Understand the community in which they work
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving activities
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony
- Blood Donation Camps.
- Planted Saplings in the campus with the motto to –“GO GREEN & GREEN CAMPUS” .
- Free Eye Checkup and Health Checkup Camps.
- Debate, Essay Writing, Pick and Speech and Cross Word Competitions conducted on occasions of State and National importance.
- NSS Orientation and Awareness Talk by Invited NSS officers.
- A 7 day Annual Special camp.
- Computer Training programme conducted for Government School Student.
- Plastic awareness programme, Voting awareness, health awareness programmes conducted.
- Also celebrated various auspicious days of International importance.