The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is engaged in grooming the youth into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The NCC programme of the college plays an important role in installing discipline as well as preparing students for productive citizenship.
The NCC is the largest uniformed youth organization. Its motto is ‘Unity and Discipline’. NCC is the second line of defense. SJB Institute of Technology offers the training under Army Wing of the National Cadet Corps from 2022.
- Affiliated Unit: 39 Karnataka Battalion NCC, Mysore Road, Bengaluru
- Division: Senior Wing SD/SW
- Authorized Strength: 53
- Group: NCC Gp HQ ‘B’ Bengaluru
- Directorate: Karnataka & Goa
- Eligibility: First year Degree (UG) Students
- Certificates: After 2 years of training – ‘B’ Certificate, 3 years of training – ‘C’ Certificate
The total training period for SD and SW is 3 years with an extension of 1 year permissible & training. Every cadet has undergone training for a minimum period of 75% of total hours during the annual period. Every cadet has attended minimum one camp to appear for ‘B’ Certificate exam and two camps ‘C’ Certificate exam. The regular parades include training in practical and technical.
Common Camps to Cadets:
Combined Annual Training Camps (CATC)
- Youth Exchange Program (YEP)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- All India Thal Sainik Camp (AITSC)
- Basic Leadership Course (BLC)
- Advance Leadership Course (ALC)
- Army Attachment Camp (AAC)
- Rock Climbing Training Camps (RCTC)
- Adventure Activities Camp (AAC)
- National Integration Camps (NIC).