National Cadet Corps (NCC) is engaged in grooming the youth into disciplined and patriotic citizen. The NCC programme of the college plays an important role in installing discipline as well as preparing students for productive citizenship.
The NCC is the largest uniformed youth organization. Its motto is ‘Unity and Discipline’. NCC is second line of defence. SJB Institute of Technology offer the training under Army Wing of the National Cadet Corps from 2022.
- Affiliated Unit: 39 Karnataka Battalion NCC, Mysore Road, Bengaluru
- Division: Senior Wing SD/SW
- Authorized Strength: 53
- Group: NCC Gp HQ ‘B’ Bengaluru
- Directorate: Karnataka & Goa
- Eligibility: First year Degree (UG) Students
- Certificates: After 2 years of training – ‘B’ Certificate, 3 years of training – ‘C’ Certificate
Total training period for SD and SW is 3 years with an extension of 1 year permissible & training. Every cadet has undergo training for a minimum period of 75% of total hours during the annually. Every cadet have attend minimum one camp to appear for ‘B’ Certificate exam and two camps ‘C’ Certificate exam. The regular parades include training in practical and technical.
Common Camps to Cadets :
Combined Annual Training Camps (CATC)
- Youth Exchange Program (YEP)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- All India Thal Sainik Camp (AITSC)
- Basic Leadership Course (BLC)
- Advance Leadership Course (ALC)
- Army Attachment Camp (AAC)
- Rock Climbing Training Camps (RCTC)
- Adventure Activities Camp (AAC)
- National Integration Camps (NIC).