Program Name: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Degree : Under Graduate
Affiliation: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Duration: 4 years
Intake: 120 Seats
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
About Program: Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the fastest developing fields amongst various engineering courses. It is the utmost stable and popular stream of education which involves mathematical and theoretical knowledge providing advanced technological solutions.
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at SJBIT creates conducive academic environment supported by highly qualified and committed faculties with State of the art facilities, nurturing the students to think, innovate, excel and develop problem solving skills to sustain academic and real-life work environment.
- Students who have passed PUC/10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects Chemistry /Computer Science / Electronics/ Biotechnology / Biology, with at least 45% of marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to Reserved Category as per Government order) in the above subjects taken together.
- Lateral Entry to Second Year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E): Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution, with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
- For admission under management quota, students should have compulsorily appeared in CET/COMEDK/JEE or any other entrance test for professional program.
Admission through: Karnataka CET, COMED-K, Management Quota
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Proficiency to work in multidisciplinary domains, technological advancements through continuous learning process.
- PEO2: Graduate with moral and ethical values
- PEO3: Explore the research possibilities, innovative practices and entrepreneurship.
PSO (Program Specific Outcomes)
- Understand, analyse and realise the concepts in the field of analog and digital signal processing, communication, networking and semiconductor technology by applying modern design tools.
- Ability to enrich the design in electronics through optimization, better efficiency and innovative ideas
- Enabling the graduates with excellent technical and soft skills, lifelong learning, leadership qualities, ethics and societal responsibilities.