SJBIT has zero tolerance policy for ragging. The Institute views ragging as an uncivilized, and inhuman practice. We do not subscribe to the view that one could wait till something happens in order to initiate stringent action. Any rigorous action in such cases may damage a young career. So, we repose faith in averting such eventualities. For this, the Institute has a proactive policy.
Preventive measures had been devised during the last couple of years to eliminate all possibilities of the occurrence of such a ghastly incident even in its mildest form. The measures have been implemented effectively to rule out any incident of ragging to be attempted by senior students at any place inside the campus. For making ragging non-grata at SJBIT, all stakeholders viz. management, faculty, students and employees are involved to create an environment.
- “Ragging in all its forms is totally banned in this institution including in its departments, constituent units, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, canteen/cafeteria and the like) whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether public or private.”
- Students and parents need not harbor undue apprehensions in this regard. They should report any incident immediately to the college authorities and stringent punishment will be meted out to the culprit(s).
- “IF any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his / her explanation is not found satisfactory, the authority would subject him / her to suitable punishment.”
To be vigilant on all the activities of the students in regard to ragging, we have formed ragging prevention committee headed by the Principal, Head of the Departments, representative from local police station, representative from civil administration, warden and senior faculty of the Institution, anti-ragging squad comprising of boys’ and girls’ hostel, all department blocks, library, student mentoring cell and student advisor group. The first-year students and parents can freely contact and seek help from anybody at any time with respect to ragging.
Hoardings displayed at different places in the campus speaks itself about the Institution concern towards curbing the menace of ragging.
As per the direction of the honorable Supreme Court of India, the institute will strictly follow the “AICTE Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Educational Institutions “.
In accordance with these regulations the affidavits from the students as well as parents / guardian are taken in online. These affidavits duly filled in, signed and sworn by student and parent/guardian are to be submitted at the time of registration. Regular coordinator meetings will be convened to discuss the issues if any.
- To make the institution ragging free campus.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievance/problem freely and frankly without any fear.
- To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial and fair approach
- Creating a healthy environment among students, teachers and management.
Plan of Action
- Anti-Ragging committee
- Anti-Ragging squad team
- Anti-Ragging Student Group advisory committee
- Anti-Ragging student mentoring cell
- Preparation of Anti-Ragging booklet for the academic year
- Awareness is created by displaying Anti-Ragging boards in each block of the department, hostels, and at appropriate conspicuous places.
- Distribution of Anti-Ragging booklet to students and staff
- Orientation by the Principal
- Orientation by Basic Science HOD’s /Anti-Ragging co-ordinator
- Filling of online Anti-Ragging affidavits
- Continuous monitoring is done to curb any ragging incidents effectively
- Anti-Ragging co-ordinators meeting
- Reports are collected weekly basis, inspected and maintained
Routine execution of
- Student advisory reports
- Block visit reports
- Hostel visit reports
- Campus watch report
Ragging Prevention Committee (RPC) – 2022-23
|#||Representation||Name of the Member||Designation||Designation||Email ID|
|1||Head of the Institution||Dr. K V Mahendra Prashanth||Principal, SJBIT / Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Representative of Police Department||Mr. Vasanth C||SHO, Kengeri Police Station / Member||080-22942510|
|3||Representative of Civil Administration||Sri Tushar Giri Nath||Chief Commissioner, BBMP / Member||080-22237455|
|4||Representative of Local Media||Mr. V. N. GOWDA||Sub Editor Adichunchanagiri Patrike / Member||9448522828|
|5||NGO involved in Youth Activity||Mr. Vinay||Youth for Seva (NGO) / Memberemail@example.com|
|6||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. H R Vitala||HOD Mechanical / Convenerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Krishna A N||Professor & HOD, CSE/ Memberemail@example.com|
|8||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Chandrappa. D.N||HOD ECE / Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Shashidhara H R||HOD ISE / Memberemail@example.com|
|10||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Babu N V||Academic Dean/ Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. CSMV Prasad||HOD Civil / Memberemail@example.com|
|12||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Mamatha J||HOD MBA / Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Rekha B||HOD CSE(DS)/ Memberemail@example.com|
|14||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Gopalakrishna M T||HOD AI & ML/ Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Padmaja Venugopal.V||HOD Mathematics / Memberemail@example.com|
|16||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Doreswamy B H||HOD Physics / Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|17||Representative of Faculty Member||Dr. Jayadev||HOD Chemistry / Memberemail@example.com|
|18||Representative of Faculty Member||Mr. Ranganath. H||Director of Physical Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|19||Representative of Faculty Member||Mr. Vinay. C||Librarianemail@example.com|
|20||Representative of Parents (Senior Students)||Mr. Shripad Majali||F/O Pooja Majali 4th Year (CSE)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|21||Representative of Parents (Senior Students)||Mr. G Gunamdhama||F/O Jayanth G 4th Year (ECE)||email@example.com|
|22||Representative of Parents (Senior Students)||Mr. Hemanth Kumar||F/O Lalith Kumar H 4th Year (CSE)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|23||Representative of Parents (Senior Students)||Mr. Shantharaju C||F/O Shreya C S 4th Year(ISE)||email@example.com|
|24||Representative of Students (Second Year)||Mrs. Uma Mani||Student( CSE )||8548951301|
|25||Representative of Students (Second Year)||Ms. Hema S||Student (EEE)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|26||Representative of Students (Third Year)||Mr. Anirudh S K||Student (ECE)||email@example.com|
|27||Representative of Students (Third Year)||Ms. Sahana G S||Student (CSE)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|28||Representative of Students (Fourth Year)||Ms. Shreya C S||Student (ISE)||email@example.com|
|29||Representative of Students (Fourth Year)||Mr. Sunil S||Student (MECH)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|30||Non-Teaching Staff||RAGHU M.T||Foremen (ECE)||email@example.com|
|31||Non-Teaching Staff||Srinivas C||Instructor (Mechanical Engineering)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|32||Administration||Mr. Shivakumar. K.S||HR-Manageremail@example.com|
|33||Administration||Mr. Kiran K Gautama Havaldar||Head-HRfirstname.lastname@example.org|