Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at SJBIT was established in 2012 in association with MSME, Ministry of HRD and Govt. of India. The functioning with the intention of nurturing entrepreneurship skills of the students and provides a platform for the students to pursue entrepreneurial activities and also provide assistance to potential entrepreneurs. It assists every aspiring entrepreneur on every single step and promotes and revitalizes the entrepreneurial culture in the college.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture among students of the Institution and other institutions in the region and to also promote the programs catering to different classes of people such as related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To act as a better linkage between the College, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organization.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
- To inculcate within the faculty and the students the need and importance of Enterprise Development.
Activities to support flourishing of EDC at SJBIT
- International Webinars on Entrepeneur development
- Seminar on “Motivational Talk on Entrepreneurship
- Seminar on “Patent – Fantastic idea how to protect them”
- Seminar on “Motivation to become an entrepreneur”
- Guest Lecture on “ Future trends in automotive engineering
- National Conclave for startups