Architect – Urban Planner – Valuer
Perusing leadership roles at Institutional building through challenging assignments involving teamwork. Passion for Technology, Management, Architecture, Interior Design and Urban Planning professional services helps to generate conviction for the teaching-learning process.
Professional Summary: Twenty Two Years
Teaching Experience: Eighteen years
Serving as the Principal, SJB Institute of Technology, SJBIT, No 67, BGS Health and Education City, Dr.Vishnuvardhan Road, Kengeri, Bengaluru South-560060, www.sjbit.edu.in from November 12th 2020 till date.
Served as the Dean & Professor, BGS School of Architecture & Planning, BGSSAP, BGS Knowledge City, K. Gollahalli Post, Bengaluru South-560074, www.bgssap.edu.in from November 16th 2014 till November 11th 2020.
Serving as a Standing Appellate Committee Member, SAC Member, The Apex Body, All India Council of Technical Education, AICTE from March 2018 till date.
Serving as an Hon.Secretary ‘GEM ASSOCHAM’, The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India, Karnataka Chapter from June 2020 till date.
Serving as the Architect, All India Council of Technical Education, AICTE, South Western Region, Bengaluru, from 2018 January till date.
Serving as a Special Invitee, Board of Studies, Architecture, Vishweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum, VTU, Karnataka for Jan 2016 till date.
Serving as a Research Guide, Architecture, Vishweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum, VTU, Karnataka for Jan 2018 till date.
Served as the Chairman, Board of Examinations, Architecture, Vishweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum, VTU, Karnataka for 2015-16.
Served as the Member, National Board of Architecture Education, The Indian Institute of Architects, IIA, from April 2018 to April 2021.
Served as the Executive Member of Karnataka Chapter, The Indian Institute of Architects, IIA, for Feb 2015-18.
Serving as a Board of Studies Member, University of Mysore, School of Planning and Architecture, Manasagangotri Campus, Mysuru from March 2019 till date.
Serving as a Ph.D Examiner, University of Mysore, School of Planning and Architecture, Manasagangotri Campus, Mysuru from Feb 2018 till date.
Serving as a Member, Board of Examiners, School of Planning and Architecture, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri Campus, Mysuru from Jan 2019 till date.
Serving as a VTU Nominated Governing Council Member, Wadiyar Centre for Architecture, Mysuru by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka from 15th Dec 2017 till date.
Served as a National Award Chairman, Architecture & Interior Design Excellence Awards 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Begin up Research Intellige Private Limited.
Worked as an Associate Professor, B.M.S College of Engineering, Department of Architecture, Bangalore, www.bmsce.in from November 2012 to 15th November 2014.
Served as an Senior Director Green Building Research Institute, GBRI, India, based in San Antonio, Texas, USA: www.GBRIonline.in from Oct 20th 2015 to Dec 2016.
Serving as an Advisor & Governing Council Member – Board of Governors, SJB School of Architecture & Planning, SJB SAP, www.sjbsap.edu.in , a unit of Sri Adichunchangairi Shikshana Trust, B.G.S Health & Education Trust (R), Bengaluru, Karnataka from November 2012 November till date.
Member – Board of Advisors at Siyarch Studio, Bhopal, MP www.siyarch.com as a part of Academia-Industry collaborations from Nov 2020.
Member – Board of Governors, Global Institute of Architecture(GIA), www.gia.org.in Pathiripala, Palakkad, Kerala, a unit of Lensfed Trust, Palakkad from November 2012 till date.
Worked as an Associate Professor in Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal University (www.manipal.edu), Manipal, Karnataka State, India from November 2010 to November 2012.
Served as the Architect, Manipal University Projects from February 2009 till February 2012 (Four Years).
Worked as an Assistant Professor in Faculty of Architecture, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University (www.manipal.edu), Manipal, Karnataka State, India from February 2007 till November 2010.
Worked a s a Lecturer, Faculty of Architecture, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University, Manipal from April 2005 till February2007.
Worked as an Architect and Consultant in Chandran & Associates, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from October 2000 to April 2005 (For Four years and six months), involved with various prestigious projects including Commercial and Public buildings, Star Hotels, Hospitals and Residential buildings etc; was deputed and represented the firm for various prestigious assignments as detailed below:
As an Urban Planner, The planning institute online, a joint venture project of the planning institute, Inc, California, U.S.A and Fast solutions, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), Thiruvananthapuram, from Oct 2004 till April 2005, for seven months.
As a Research Associate (Consultant for Urban and Regional Planning) in Urban Management and Development Project of City Manager’s Association Karnataka [CMAK], Bangalore from Feb 2004 till Sep 2004, for 8 months [CMAK is an organization under US based ICMA, International City Management Association, formed by the Government of Karnataka to take care of all the Urban Development Authorities and Urban Local Bodies].
As an Architect with M/s Al Shamil, an Architectural Consultancy in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, from July 2001 to Oct 2001, for 4 months.
- Doctoral Degree: Ph.D for the Thesis Titled “Strategies for Waterfront Development Planning in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala” in the Faculty of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Mysore, Karnataka State, India,1st Dec 2014.
- Master Degree in Urban and Regional Planning (M.U.R.P.), Gold Medalist, from the School of Planning and Architecture, Manasagangotri Campus, University of Mysore, Mysuru, Dec 2003.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture (B.Arch) from B.M.S College of Engineering,
Bangalore University, Aug 1999.
- Masters Application Programme in Geographic Information System (MAP GIS), Pentasoft Tehnologies Limited.
- Diploma in Advanced Architectural CAD, AUTODESK, Inc, U.S.A.
- Diploma in Multimedia from Aptech Ltd, Arena MULTIMEDIA, U.S.A.
Professional Achievements :
- Suryagaurav Rashtriya Puraskar, “Award for the contribution in field of Academic Services for the Community” by the Surya Dutta Group of Institutes, Pune, November 2020.
- Yuvaratna Award by Birla White Cement for Guiding Students in Design Completions, November 2010.
- Best Thesis Award and the Cash prize of Rupees Ten Thousand for the Year 2002 by Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI).
- Published Articles and Presented Papers :
- National Refereed Journal Publication – 05
- International Refereed Journal Publication – 04
- International Conferences – 04 (Japan, Singapore, Hongkong, Muscat)
- National Conferences – 56
- Patent – 01(Filed)
- International Conferences Attended – 105
- Number of UG Thesis Guided – 516
- Number of PG Thesis Guided – 06
- Number of Ph.D Guiding – 06
Professional Affiliations :
- Fellow of Indian Institute of Architects (FIIA)
- Registered/Associate Member: Council of Architecture (COA), Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI), Fellow of Institute of Valuers, India (FIIV), Indian Society of Technical Education (MISTE), Indian Institute of Interior Designers (AIID), Advancing Technology for Humanity (IEEE).