SJB Research Foundation (SJBRF)
It is observed that from the last decade; the engineering education research community is growing rapidly and needs to be connected with the engineering education innovation. In this regard, the academia and industry are contributing in strengthening competitiveness, promoting innovation and new technology development on the one hand and ensuring development and supply of qualified Science & Technology manpower. Research on ways to improve engineering education has identified management and innovation skills as important to success in an engineering career. In this context SJBIT; the management and the Principal with the support of eminent, qualified and dedicated professors has initiated constituting SJB research foundation. SJBRF is a Section 25 Non-Profit Company. It is a sponsored research center to bridge the gap between academic and industrial research, offers Postgraduate programs in various engineering disciplines and caters research activities. SJBRF has 10 Researchers with PhDs and Research fellows.
The following are the objectives of SJBRF:
• To promote applied research activities to bridge the gap between academic and industrial research
• To develop products, processes and technologies to improve the quality of human life
• To devise creative intervention plans based on ideas that utilize innovative technologies, processes, practices.
• Dissemination mechanisms that lead to sustainable development and to work in the fields of Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Energy Conservation.
Collaboration with foreign university
SJBIT has collaborated with Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany.The Objectives are:
1. To encourage mutual cooperation in the area of research
2. To promote cultural exchanges between countries
3. To confer post Graduated and Doctoral degree; after successful completion of respective courses / degrees
The Principal & HOD’s are discussing with David Goldstein, Director, New Product Development NYU S. K. Gupta, Sr. Manager, New Product Development NYU, Megha N, Sr. Product Manager, Educational Initiatives, IEEE; during their visit to SJBIT to discuss on IEEE initiatives in developing training courses
Dr. Alexander PasikChief Information officer, IEEE, USA during his visit to SJBIT