Activity Centres at SJBIT
- 1st & 2nd Semesters – Soft skill and Basic Aptitude.
- 3rd & 4th Semesters – Soft skill, Verbal and Aptitude.
- 5th & 6th Semesters – Placement oriented training.
- 6th & 7th Semesters – Placement focused Aptitude, Technical, Resume Writing, GD, Interview facing skill training (as per the Industry Expectations).
The Department of HRD at SJBIT has the following linkages under its wings:
- SJBIT Centre for Learning and Development (CELEAD)
- SJBIT Centre of Excellence (CEXCEL).
- SJBIT Centre for Competency Mapping (CECOMP).
SJBIT Centre for learning & Development (CELEAD)
- Soft Skills and Aptitude Training Programmes have been inducted for all the students of SJBIT from day one.
- Technical Training Programmes are conducted for the 5th to 7th Sem. of B.E. and 1st and 2nd Sem. of M.Tech. Students, to meet the industry expectations.
- Domain focused Technical Training are also implemented for the final year BE/M.Tech students to perform better in the interviews.
- The Management students are also taken care in terms of Industry oriented training programmes to meet the industry expectations.
- A separate HRD block with 1500 seating capacity auditorium, 4 Training Rooms, 10 GD rooms, 15 interview rooms and Control room.
- A dedicated computer lab with 225 systems connected in a single LAN to conduct on-line assessments and corporate related aptitude tests.
- SJBIT is recognized by various MNC’s to conduct their recruitment process for fresher’s and lateral hiring.
SJBIT Centre of Excellence (CEXCEL)
- The Dept of HRD has signed a Service Agreement with Universal Power Transformer Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore through its Centre of Excellence for training their fresh recruits for a period of 3 months. This training comprising of Technical and Soft Skills training, is partly being done at SJBIT and partly at the premises of Universal Power Transformer Pvt. Ltd. Experts from the industry have been roped in for this program. This program is being conducted continuously every year from 2009. This is the first of its kind by any engineering college in VTU.
- Student Database Management is being done through the Centre of Excellence for various companies. Based on the database, various pooled campus programmes are organized. This saves time and money for the Corporates.
- Promote entrepreneurship by way of training.
- Organize technology shows/ technology clinics/trade fairs and help in marketing of products/processes.
- Guide the entrepreneurs towards copyright, patenting whenever required.
- Provide support towards Quality Assurance of products/processes and Marketing
- Provide assistance in arranging licenses, finance, and other clearances.
- Arranging awareness programmes for orientation of entrepreneurs towards business ethics/ management approach.
- Creation of Technology Based incubates on continuous basis.
- Help to create value added jobs and services.
- Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Create Awareness about Technology Incubation and Commercialization of R & D products and processes.
- Developing tools for Technology Transfer.
- Promote small & medium industries.
- Assistance to existing incubates by way of specialized services e.g patenting, "Copyright" arrangement of venture capital, helping towards marketing of products & processes. Awareness.
Association ship with Industries:
1. M/s Tata Consultancy Services.
2. M/s Wipro Technologies.
3. M/s Sharp Software Development Ltd.
4. M/s National Instruments India Pvt Ltd.
5. M/s Bosch Rexroth.
SJBIT Centre for Competency Mapping (CECOMP)
The Department of HRD conducts pre-screening processes on behalf of corporate. The prescreening process comprises of aptitude tests, technical tests, verbal tests, GD’s and Technical & HR interviews.
The following companies have already availed this service.
1. M/S Universal Power Transformer Pvt. Ltd.
2. M/S Flow line Engineering Services.
3. M/S Bridgestone.
4. M/S SM Netserv (Microsoft Technologies).
5. M/s Quinnox Consultancy Services
6. M/s Robert Bosch
This activity has helped Corporates in saving time and money.
- SJBIT has entered into a MOU with MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd. On 21th July of 2008 to conduct the Nac-Tech NASSCOM assessment of Competence Technology, a National assessment program to certify engineering students. SJBIT will be the only nodal centre in Bangalore for this activity. Placement activities through MeritTrac has been carried out in SJBIT campus, based on the Nac-Tech score.
- SJBIT has tied up with ALL India Management Association (AIMA) to conduct their screening process on behalf of various clients. So far we have conducted various assessment tests.
- SJBIT has tied up with TCS-ion to conduct various on-line assessments for their clients viz., IBPS, J2EE, AIEEE, LIC, UII, SBI, CMC Vellore, AIIMS, etc.
- SJBIT has tied up with MeritTrac to conduct various on-line assessments for their clients such as NIMHANS PG Entrance test, All India CAT Examination, SMU examinations, PSU assessments, etc.
- SJBIT has tied up with NSEIT to conduct various on-line assessments for their clients such as ICAI, ADA, JIPMER assessments, etc.
- SJBIT has tied up with APTECH to conduct various on-line assessments for their clients such as RBI, Andhra Bank, Karnataka Bank, LIC assessments, etc.