About Library & Information Centre
Information is a vital resource and is an essential input for enhanced productivity for any developmental work. Over the years there has been an exponential growth in information, besides which the development in the field of Information technology has resulted in the introduction of information services based on computers. A good & well-equipped Library & Information center is an essential entity of any organization.
As ANON quotes – “Libraries are the power plants where ideas in printed language are kept ready for your use”.
To serve the knowledge seekers through effective knowledge management, including consultation and collaboration on instruction and collections
Change the library from static resource center to a dynamic center of instruction, exploration and learning; to successfully meet the challenges of information explosion
Infrastructure – location
The SJBIT Library & Information Centre started in 2001 with an initial collection of 2500 Volumes is housed in the New Inde
pendent block consisting of four floors, with a Total floor area of 3100 Sqm., w
ith good natural lighting & ventilation. The LIBRARY caters to the information needs of 6 Undergraduate Courses 6 Postgraduate courses, MBA & 5 Research Centres.
The following sections are housed in the Library
- Ground Floor – Left Wing: UG Stack section where the books for circulation are stacked in a classified order with open access. The Librarian’s Chamber, Processing section
- Ground Floor – Right Wing: Digital Library & Browsing Centre
- Basement Floor – Left Wing: PG & MBA Stack & Reference Section
- Basement Floor – Right Wing: Seminar Hall cum Reading Room (Personal Study Zone)
- First Floor – Reference and Periodical Section
- Second Floor – Back Volumes and Project Reports
Library is kept open on all working days except Sundays and general holidays
Working hours are as follows
Monday to Friday : 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM
Saturday : 8.30 AM to 12.45 PM
Monday to Friday : 8.30 AM to 8.30 PM
Saturday : 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM